Located on the 1,000-acre Mount Allamuchy Scout Reservation in Stanhope, NJ, Camp Wheeler has been operating for more than 40 years. Camp operates Monday through Friday during July and August, from 8:45 am – 4:15 pm. You can choose to attend the entire week OR choose a mini week session and attend Tuesday through Thursday at a reduced fee.
We offer action-packed days with lots of fun — and some learning too. Our nationally accredited staff is youth protection trained and includes many teachers and college students majoring in education. We maintain a staff to youth ratio of 1:5 or better. Bus transportation is provided from more than 45 locations throughout Morris, Sussex and northwest Somerset counties.
- Camp Wheeler is a nationally accredited camp and is inspected by local, state, and national organizations.
- Our staff is fully trained and background checked.
- Lifeguards are certified.
- Camp Wheeler has an on-site, state certified, EMT or RN.
- Parents have access to our emergency alert system.
Lots of fun!
Archery, BB Guns, Boating, Climbing, Crafts, Family Campfire, Fishing, Nature, Scoutcraft, Sports & Games, STEM, Archaeology, Funyaks, Mountain Bikes, Nerf Action Adventure, and Swimming.
All campers and their families are invited to attend our campfire Thursday evening at 6:45 pm at Camp Wheeler. We encourage families to come watch their campers perform in their den skits, join in songs and cheers. Awards such as who caught the biggest fish, who moved up an ability group, and lastly which den is the best den of the week is given out at the campfire.
Campers will go home as usual and return to Camp Wheeler at 6:45 pm with their families. If parents would like to pick up their camper on Thursday evening instead, there are some local eateries in the area. The campfire ends between 8:00 and 8:30 pm.
If canceled due to the weather, the campfire will be held on Friday afternoon at 2:45 pm at our campfire ring. Families are still encouraged to attend!!!
We have benches with backs at the campfire ring. You may want to bring flashlights, blankets, and non-aerosol bug repellent for your comfort.
What to Bring to Camp
- Completed forms ( if not submitted at orientation)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Comfortable clothes- t shirt, shorts/pants, sneakers
- Water bottle
- Bug spray/ sunblock
- A couple of dollars for the trading post.
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record – Medical forms may be submitted to camp at a Camp Orientation, or turned in on the first day of your child’s week of camp.
- Immunization Exempt Request Form
- Release of Camper to Others Form - If anyone other than a parent is picking up your child, please fill out –
- Camper Early Release Form - If picking up your child early or for a portion of a day.
Summer Day Camp Receipts
Camp Wheeler, 750 Waterloo Rd Stanhope, NJ 07874
973-765-9322 x422 (busing) 973-347-4877 (for non-busing during in-season business hours)
Questions? Contact Bridget Capen firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-765-9322 ext 222.